A single claim can ruin a business financially since litigation can be expensive, time-consuming and resource-consuming. Minaris’ Professional Liability insurance specialist advice will ensure you are fully covered when faced with such claims.
If you are a professional, your reputation is everything and maintaining this reputation is critical. In the event of a claim, our claims team will conduct the claim process efficiently and discreetly to safeguard our Insured's reputation.
Professional Liability insurance aims to remove the financial burden for the professional service provider. This helps to minimise the fear of economic loss and provides peace of mind which enables the professional to focus on what’s important – servicing their clients
The increasing economic interdependency and culture exchange between the West and the East is contributing to higher claims awareness among professionals like yourself. The rapidly escalating number and size of professional liability claims demonstrate the litigious environment in Southeast Asia.
PROFESSIONS WE CAN COVER
- Employment Agencies
- Investment Managers
- Management Consultancy Firms
- Multimedia Firms
- Property Managers
- Surveyors and Real Estate
- Travel Agents
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Any actual or alleged breach of duty
- Negligent act, error, emission, or misstatement
- Misleading statement
- Breach of warranty of authority committed in good faith
- Breach of confidentiality which occurs in the performance of or failure to perform Professional Services
- Defamation Provides cover for any actual or alleged libel or slander committed without malice by reason of words written, spoken or broadcast in the course of providing Professional Services.
- Intellectual property rights infringement Provides cover for an unintentional infringement of any intellectual property right of any Third Party, other than patents.
- Loss of documents Provides cover for damages due to destruction or damage to, or loss, distortion, erasure or mislay of a Third Party’s Documents for which the Insured is legally responsible, provided that the destruction or damage to, or loss, distortion, erasure or mislay of such Third Party’s Documents.
- Dishonesty of employees Provides cover to the Insured (who is not the actual perpetrator) for any fraud or dishonest conduct of an Employee.
- Defence costs Covers reasonable fees, costs and expenses incurred by or on behalf of the Insured in the investigation, defence, adjustment, settlement or appeal of any Claim.